Colour, music, art, stories and meditation were part the ‘Faces of Easter’ retreat led by the Rev. Tanya McKoen on Saturday. Through story, participants explored the significance of Communion. Through music, the group was invited to meditate and reflect on the spiritual affect of the song's lyrics. Through colouring, all played.
“When we play, we leave behind the daily stressors and allow our spirit to breathe and re-create” (June Maffin, Connecting Creativity & Spirituality)
Here I am to Worship (by Tim Hughes)
Light of the world
You stepped down into darkness
Opened my eyes, let me see
Beauty that made this heart adore you
Hope of a life spent with You.
Full Version (YouTube)
The Symbolism of Biblical Colours
- Red – Blood
- Blue – Mary, Heaven, Holy Spirit, Divinity, Serenity, Revelation
- Green – Spring, rebirth, Prosperity, New Life and Growth, Fresh, Healing, Hope, Peace, Victory, Rest
- Violet –Unconditional and selfless love, devoid of ego, encouraging sensitivity and compassion.
- White – Purity, holiness, and the redemption of sin
- Black – Darkness, sin, Earth, affliction, humiliation, calamity, death, mourning
- Yellow – Faith and Glory of God, anointing, Joy Purple – Priesthood, Kingship, Royalty, mediator, wealth
- Grey – Old Age, Dignity, Glory, Honor, Humility, Repentance
- Brown – Earth, Devotion, Earthen Vessels, Humanity, Humility
- Rainbow - Symbol of peace and serenity. God’s brightness all around