Parish Council is responsible for assisting the Rector and Wardens to conduct Parish affairs so that the Parish will be able to carry out its mission as a Christian Community. The duties of the Council include ensuring that the property is cared for, assuring that the parish records and financial affairs are kept in proper order, planning special events and welcoming newcomers and visitors.
Your Parish Council Members for 2019 are:
- Barb Henshall, Council Member
- Bill Ritchie, Synod Delegate
- Brian Caldwell, Synod Delegate
- Cathy Beise, Recording Secretary
- Charity Perrault, Council Member
- Connie Burns, Council Member
- Dave Storrie, People's Warden
- Diana Hicks, Council Member
- Elliot Storrie, Youth Delegate
- Holly Finn, Co-treasurer
- Jane Jennings, Council Member
- Jill Cook, Co-treasurer
- Lois Tirebuck, Rector's Warden
- Trina Soltys, Communications
Our church wardens act as the executive officers of Parish Council and are ex-officio members of the Council. The Wardens use their best efforts to carry out the lawful resolutions of the Council. With the approval of the Council, the Wardens may delegate matters relating to the congregation to the council, to committees or to individuals. For a more in-depth look at Parish Council characteristics and expectations, a copy of the Parish Council Guidelines is attached as a PDF.
Parish Council meets monthly and parishioners are always welcome to attend meetings to observe, contribute to discussion or to raise any particular concerns.