The wonderful women of St. Peter’s Anglican Church work together in fellowship to support our church and the needs within the community.
All women of the parish are invited to gather for coffee each Wednesday from 10 to noon in the Church library. The first Wednesday of the month is a formal meeting, but all others are times for fellowship and/or special meetings.
A few of the many outreach activities that the ACW support are:
- Quarterly donations of personal hygiene products and toiletries to the Women’s Centre
- Provision of baby clothes and other needed items to the Carihi Day Care program
- Support for other communities in need – such as sending baby clothes to Fort McMurray following the recent devastating fire
We are also blessed to have this women’s group as a major supporter of our own parish activities. The following are but a sampling of the many ways in which they provide direct help St. Peter’s. They…
- Provide financial assistance such as the donation to one of our youth group who attended a conference in PEI
- Give much time, effort and skill to help our fundraisers become very successful. These include plant sales, book sales and the Christmas bazaar
- Are famous for their memorial teas and organize spectacular baby showers
The ACW focus is to support St. Peter’s Anglican Church and to do local outreach. The loving and caring nature of this group is awesome. They invite you to come and share in this heartwarming fellowship.